Keesler AFB, MS Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) gives active service members two options for housing; living on base or finding a home off-base within the community.
- Once you have orders to move, contact The Housing Management Office (228) 376-8615. They can answer all of your housing questions and provide services such as: counseling and guidance before entering into a lease agreement, housing referrals, and resolving tenant-landlord disputes.
On Base Housing
The Unaccompanied Housing (228) 377-1730 is reserved for airmen in the ranks of E1-E4 with less than 3 years of service. You are provided with private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living.
- Keesler on-base housing is privatized and operated by Hunt Military Communities (844) 224-5162, which offers four communities of 3-4 bedroom single family homes and duplexes based on rank and family size. Some home amenities includes: A/C, laundry rooms with washer/dryer hookups and fully equipped kitchens. The community amenities include: parks, playgrounds and fitness centers.
Off Base Housing
If you prefer living off-base, search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the Keesler AFB area.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes For Sale in the area
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
Keesler is in the city limits of Biloxi, Mississippi, a city of about 45,000 people, and in Harrison County, with about 187,000 people. Other nearby small communities include Ocean Springs, and D'Iberville. The next nearest city is Gulfport. Commuting from downtown Biloxi to Keesler takes about 12 minutes; Ocean Springs is about 16 minutes; D'Iberville about 11 minutes; and Gulfport about 21 minutes away. The cities near Keesler AFB are: Biloxi, Gulfport, Longbeach, Ocean Springs, Wool Market, D'iberville and Gautier.
About Keesler AFB
Keesler Air Force Base is home to the 81st training wing which provides technical training for airmen immediately following basic training, including aircraft traffic control, meteorology , and other technical training. Continued education and refresher courses are also provided to keep pilots up to date with current duty assignments. Keesler Air Force Base is located in Mississippi near Biloxi, is one of the largest technical training facilities in the Air Force, and is also the home of the 81st Medical Group, one of the largest medical centers in the Air Force. For more information click here.